Friday, November 21, 2008

Research Continued

This week I have found myself in front of a classroom, full of health professionals, professors, and students, as an english teacher. My colleague and research angel was responsible for planning a training session, and she invited me to be a guest lecturer for medical english classes. My being rather unfamiliar with the art of teaching, i'm not sure what help I can be. But the students are cheerful, respectful, and their english is excellent already, so we can have discussions. Today's topics included everything to do with toileting (I'll be intentionally vague here for those who are not intimately involved in health care and may be wary of all this description entails). much to my surprise, I'm actually enjoying myself. I finally have a skill (though being an American, it's difficult to not speak english) that people are interested in and can use in their professions. I hope I can one day feel the same as a nurse practitioner.

Excerpts from blog 7/16/08 - Erin Luskatoff